Now, today you have 4 assignments.
First, go to your email and find your Fall Break essay. I emailed you my suggestions and your grade. Read my notes, see your grade, then go over my suggestions and click the checkmark (not X) to accept my suggestions. Then go back to MY EXAMPLE and see if there are any other ways to change your essay to make it look more like mine. Then, EMAIL ME and tell me what you learned and and how you will improve when typing a 4-paragraph essay.
Second, watch these two videos on Hawaiian ki’i pohaku and then make a group story!
- Hawaiian Culture Video: Petroglyphs
- NEW Waianae petroglyphs
- Pu'u Loa
- Then, go to the G Classroom and add on to our group story. Read what others have written and add two sentences to continue our story. The first student will start the story! This is a new assignment so give it your best shot! Let’s see how it turns out!
Third, complete IXL Math lessons M.1, M.2, and M.3. These are about money, which we will be studying next!
Fourth, go to our Hawaiian Nouns Doc and add any NOUNS you can, at least 3 more! Try to only add words based on Hawaiian culture. We will be starting a new project today making Hawaiian alphabet books so keep that in mind as you work. Try NOT to use the same words as other students. Here are some good sites to check out:
- Oiwi TV Episode 1 guide (list of words, but remove the ka/ke)
- Oiwi TV Episode 2 guide (list of words, but remove the ka/ke)
- Oiwi TV Episode 3 guide (list of words, but remove the ka/ke)
With any remaining time, work on your DMH Questions and do iReady! Don't forget about this week's iReady homework!