Today you have 6 assignments.
- Go to your email and find the email from me about your fall break essay. Go back to your essay and carefully read my notes and check your grade. If you have any suggestions (written in green), click the side comment’s checkmark (not X) to accept my suggestion. Make any changes and share it with me AGAIN.
--- I will give you two grades for this: your first try, which you can see today on your doc, and your second try, which I will grade again after you have made changes and shared it again. This will help improve your grade.
--- I want to give everyone 16/16 so take your time and do it right this time!
--- BE SURE to check MY EXAMPLE HERE and read the rubric carefully so you can get a perfect score this time. Yours should look exactly like mine. I know you can do it!
*If you received 16/16, just read my comments.
- See your initials below and click on your canoe plant to go to your canoe plant book research doc.
--- On the doc, first write any questions you can think of in each section of research. Think of things you want to know about your plant so that your partners can do a lot of research and answer your questions! Make one question per subject but you are welcome to do more!
--- Then, start your research. Try to find answers to the questions and any other useful information.
--- Type or just copy and paste any info you find in your box.
--- Read my instructions on your doc carefully!
--- You will be making a page in a book with pictures and a four paragraph essay about your plant!
--- Spend about an hour working on your research.
‘Ulu: BB, BC, LB, JL
‘Uala: LR, SB, OC, MJ
Ko: AryAl, ANW, LS, CC
Niu: KM, SF, AlAik, NP
Kalo: BBan, GP, TT, ZR
- In Dear Mr. Henshaw, Leigh does a few projects about his favorite book. Using what you learned about the element of a story called Setting (where AND when), create a scene from your favorite book and write a paragraph describing it. Spend about an hour on this.
--- You may build, draw, paint, create online, or use any other art form.
--- Your paragraph must be handwritten in your journal using your best handwriting. Start with a topic sentence explaining your book and the author. Write 4 detail sentences about the setting. End with a concluding sentence. Six sentences total.
- IXL E14 and E15. SmartScore 80. This may take around 1 hour to complete both.
- Next Tuesday’s spelling test will be about plural -y words. Here are the words:
--- Study these spelling words for next week by writing the singular version of the words in your journal.
--- First, write the spelling words. Then next to each word, write the word for just 1 of each word. Just study the review words by writing them.
--- Example: 1. Puppies -> puppy
*We will take this week's test on Thursday so be sure you know those double letter words!
- Complete your iReady for this week (or do as much as you can)!
Bring in your proverb poster, setting art, and journal tomorrow! Also bring a snack, water, lunch or get school lunch, and wear sun protection.
Be ready to explain your Maui story, know what research you will use in your canoe plant book, and know how you want to demonstrate weathering and erosion.
We will leave right away for our field trip. See you tomorrow!