- Log into i-Ready and complete 1 hour of work on MATH
- In i-Ready, switch to READING and complete 1 hour of work
- Watch this Kahn Academy video to learn about prime numbers
- Log into IXL, and complete A.5 Prime and Composite Numbers through at least smart score 70 (You MUST be logged in before you begin!)
- Log into Discovery Education, and click on the "assignments" tab. Complete the writing prompt prompt assignment on Volcanoes. (You may notice 2 assignments here; one contains only the video you will need to watch to complete the writing assignment, the other contains both the video and the writing prompt.)
- Practice your Week 1 Spelling list (word list in your language arts or spelling section of your binder). We will have our first spelling check (sort-of like a test) on these words on Tuesday morning.
- Put an independent reading book in your backpack (for silent sustained reading each day after lunch).
Note to Parents: I believe the workload will always be manageable on Mondays for students as much of it will involve specific amounts of time to be spent on each subejct. However, please communicate with me (especially in these first few weeks) if the workload seems to be too much or too little to be completed in one full school day
Reminder for this week: Wednesday, August 12 will be a virtual day for all students at KCS. Thursday, August 13 will be our school pictures (students are permitted to wear something - school dress-code appropriate - other than their school t-shirt).