Next week we will begin SBAC testing. Class times will remain as usual, however pick-up will take place at the middle school. Drop off will be at the elementary school and we will walk over there after school. If students finish their test early, they may be released early so stay by your phone if you would like to get your student earlier. KYC will still be available.
This week we will pick our student representatives as well as royal court for May Day. These students will help with the following events: Spirit Week, Talent Show, May Day, and Exhibition. There may be some days we will ask them to stay late or come early but it would be minimum. If you are interested in running for class representation, please write a speech in OREO (Opinion, Reasons, Examples, Opinion) format to present to the class tomorrow. This should be completed AFTER you finish your other assignments.
Homework this week: 60 minutes of iReady Reading. Please choose to do Close Reading and do extra credit to improve your grade! Due Sunday, 4/8.
Today you have 5 assignments.
- Go to THIS website to check out the tests we will be taking next week. Follow these instructions:
- Click Go to the Tests!
- Click Sign In
- Choose Grade 4 then click Yes.
- Click Start G4 ELA Practice test (first one on the left).
- Take your time and answer the questions on the computer AND in your journal.
- Finish all 30 questions.
*** Just write the question number and answer (1. D, 2. C etc…) for multiple choice questions and write a simple summary of your short answer questions. This is VERY IMPORTANT because we will review it in class.
****** If you do not know an answer, guess first but put a star next to it so we can discuss it in class.
- Follow the steps above again but this time go to the test called G4 MATH Practice Test (first on the right).
- Answer all 30 questions on the computer AND your journal.
***** Please spend about 2-3 hours on these assignments and do them FIRST. They will really help you do well on the upcoming tests. They will also help you feel comfortable when we start testing!
- Spend about 30 minutes finishing your Pre-Reading packet about Island of the Blue Dolphins from Friday.
- Finish your journaling on page 7.
- Complete everything on page 9; use dictionary.com.
- Make sure page 11 and 13 are complete.
- You will turn this in tomorrow.
- Ask your parents how and WHY your family arrived in Hawaii. Talk about what brought you/them here and when. You may have a story from both sides of your family. Write about it in your journal. Write in correct paragraph form with a topic sentence, 4 detail sentences, and a conclusion sentence. Then discuss why many modern people moved here. What brought people to Hawaii that didn’t come on Polynesian canoes? *** Also be sure you have your journal entry from Thursday about what makes a good leader!
- IXL A15, S12, Q10, Z2, V1. These assignments will all help you do well on the upcoming tests! Be sure to read the explanations if you miss a problem!
With any remaining time, start working on iReady Close Reading.