Announcements: Next Wednesday,12/21, is our Exhibition! Students will arrive at school at 9 am to prepare and Exhibition will be 10:00-12:00. If you know that your student will NOT be there for Exhibition, please email me today. That will be our last day of school before winter break.
- From 11:30-12:00, school lunch will be available for purchase. However, if you want to bring a food item to share with the class, we can have a potluck! Let me know if you are interested in this!
- Also, we will have the Scholastic Book Fair during Exhibition and I am looking for parents to help with this. Please email me if you can help on the 21st.
This Wednesday, a parent has graciously donated her time and gingerbread making skills so that each student can make a gingerbread house! The houses are vegetarian friendly and dairy free and will have a mix of sweets and healthier treats to decorate with. If there is anything that you do not want your student to use or if you do not want them to participate, please email me. If you want to send along treats for decorations, email me as well!
Here's a LINK to Kumu Robyn's oli from Friday!
Homework this week: 60 minutes of iReady Math.
- Some students have been working very well to get to the mid four range in both subjects of iReady. While this is not a graded assignment, it is a goal that all students should work toward. If your student has not been working on this, please try to find time over winter break to do iReady so that they can be on track in iReady.
Today you have 3 assignments.
First, prepare your Volcano Doc for grading. See my example HERE and follow it as closely as you can. Read the comments and rubric there carefully. And remember what we discussed on Friday! Some requirements are as follows:
- Your introduction and conclusion should have 3-4 sentences: one main idea topic sentence, one sentence about body paragraph 1, one sentence about body paragraph 2.
- Your body paragraphs should be at least 6 sentences, starting with a sentence about the paragraph’s topic.
- You should write in your OWN words. No parts should be copied and pasted from your research websites because that is plagiarism (we talked about this on Friday).
- You NEED a Works Cited section and it should look like mine on my example. This is where you paste the website link so I can check your research.
- Spend time making sure you are turning in something you are proud of! Check spelling (no red squiggly lines) and grammar (correct tabs and line spaces!). RESHARE it with me when you are finished so I can begin to grade them!
Second, finish ALL 13 of your Hawaiian Alphabet Books final draft pages. Look over your rough drafts and double check our HAB Table Doc so that you know you have completed each and every one. Bring your final drafts AND your rough drafts into class tomorrow so that we can put together our books! If you have any problems at all, email me right away. This is a very important assignment and needs to be completed today.
- Remember, all pages need to have the Hawaiian word, the English translation, a sentence using the HAWAIIAN word, and an illustration and should follow the style that the editors requested. You WILL be graded on this.
- Spend a lot of time on these and make sure you create something beautiful and meaningful. Pages should be colorful and written nicely and clearly (no pencils!).
- Write your name in small letters on the back.
Last, complete E.8 and E.15 on IXL Math. Remember, we all solved a division problem that was in the quadrillions so you can solve anything! If you haven’t completed last week’s IXL assignments, finish them today. We will take a test on Thursday so make sure you know DMSB! We’ve got this!
Today you do not have a lot of assignments. This is because I want you to work carefully on your Volcano Doc and your HAB final drafts. These will both be at Exhibitions and they should be your BEST work! If you do have extra time, study your spelling words and work on iReady.
Hawaiian Alphabet Books due in class!
Virtual posted by 9 am