The Book Mobile will be on campus tomorrow so bring your library card and any books to return!
Homework this week: 1 hour of iReady reading and 1 hour of iReady math!
Today you have 5 assignments. Please write them in your journal.
- Finish the book you chose in December and write 1 paragraph each about the following elements of a story in your journal:
* Characters: describe the main characters and explain how they change over the story.
* Setting: describe the setting, where and when the story takes place.
* Conflict and resolution: what was the problem and how was it solved? Be specific.
—- That’s three paragraphs (at least 6 sentences each). Be sure you check your spelling and be detailed. Spend an hour on this.
- Make a poster on printer size paper that has 4 goals you want to accomplish this semester and in 2018. Make a goal for school, with your family, with friends, and for just yourself. Think about ways you want to improve yourself. Use your BEST handwriting because we will hang these on the walls. We will also practice handwriting this month. Make it colorful and fun! Spend around 30 minutes on this.
- Research and write a plan for what you would like to do to celebrate our big KidBiz challenge win! We could go on a field trip, buy something fun for the class, eat something nice, donate it, or whatever! Be specific and make sure you know how much your plan could cost. Write your plan on Gclass. Spend about 30 minutes working on this. Then, be ready to make a speech in class about this.
- Research and write about 3 animals found in Hawaii. Choose an animal from the ocean, one near the sea, and one from the uplands. Write what you find out about the animals in your journal and type the names of the animals on THIS doc (Check the doc first so you can choose different animals than everyone else!). Spend about 1 hour researching your animals and writing about them (feel free to sketch them too!).
- With any remaining time, work on your iReady winter break assignment. If you have completed it, this will count toward your weekly homework. I will grade your winter break assignments tomorrow.
Please organize your binder and replenish your supplies. All students must have some new pencils, 1 set of art supplies (colored pencils preferably), scissors, lined and graph paper, a whiteboard marker, a journal, binder, and planner in their backpacks. I can’t wait to see all your shining faces tomorrow!!