Homework this week: 60 minutes of iReady MATH. Please work on this at least twice a week and always strive to do more than 60 minutes!This semester, we will be taking standardized tests and iReady is a great way to prepare for them so that you can do your best! Also, if students are not completing enough time each week, I will add more minutes per week and this will negatively affect grades. Try your best!
As a reminder, please read the blog carefully and it is also a good idea to make a list with your parent and check off assignments after you have completed each assignment.
Today you have 6 assignments.
First, on IXL Math, complete lesson E.20. This is about dividing by 2-digit numbers ending in zero, which we haven’t practiced but I think it will be very easy for all your division masters! Just ask yourself, how many times does the number OUTSIDE the house go into the number INSIDE the house!
Second, on IXL Reading, complete lessons XX.1, XX.2, and XX.3 (two Xs, not 1!) about prefixes.
Third, watch THIS playlist of three videos (10 minutes total) about renewable energy. Then, on the G Classroom, answer the question there in a short paragraph.
Fourth, in your NEW journal on the first page, write in nice handwriting a 5 paragraph essay about what you did over winter break.
- Start with an introduction that starts with a simple, broad topic sentence. Then, summarize three different activities you did.
- Then write three body paragraphs about activities you did. Organize each essay by order of importance, so save your favorite activity for last.
- End with a conclusion paragraph that is similar (but NOT the same) to your introduction, by summarizing your three activities.
- We will peer edit and share these in class so write clearly and check all your spelling.
Fifth, organize your binder and backpack. You may throw away anything from last semester. Put paper in the front and have sections for Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social studies. Then, label the front pocket “Take Home, Turn In.” This is where we will put papers that need to be taken home or homework to be turned in. If you want to use a separate folder you may do that. Then, prepare the supplies that are due by the end of this week. Here is the list you will need this semester:
- New pencils and erasers
- A new journal
- Headphones or earphones
- Small portable pencil sharpener
- At least 2 whiteboard markers (for you to use on our small whiteboards)
Last, spend some time working on iReady math today!
Wear PE attire, sun protection, and bring a water bottle.
Virtual to be posted by 9 am.