This Friday we will have our Invention Convention. Students should arrive at 9 am for set up and families are welcome at 10 am. They will view the inventions and by 11:15 we will have clean-up. School lunch will be available however you can be dismissed before lunch. Please email me if you WOULD like lunch that day. Check last week’s virtual assignments to see how the Invention Convention will be graded. Student inventions and displays are due on THURSDAY in class.
Homework this week: Make the BEST invention and display that you can. Due in class on Thursday.
Today you have 6 assignments:
- Go to GClass and click on the new doc. Type your Inventor Autobiography for your display there. This should be a 6+ sentence paragraph describing you and why you chose to invent what you did. - Follow proper paragraph format: Topic sentence, 4+ detail sentences, closing sentence. - Be creative and specific. - Print it and add it to your display.
- Make your Invention Convention display. Go back to the doc from last week on Gclass and read the instructions again carefully. I recommend printing your paragraphs about each step from your first doc but it is not necessary. This should take at least 1 hour.
- Read THIS story about King Kamehameha called The Law of the Splintered Paddle. Then, on a piece of white paper, draw a scene from the story in your own style. On the back, write a summary of the story and why this story is important even in today’s times. Write at least 4 sentences in proper paragraph format. This should take about 1 hour.
- Make a Silly Spelling Story in your journal about a dog from last week’s Humane Society trip. Add dialogue correctly with new paragraphs and quotation marks! I will grade you on this. Take about 1 hour to write this and to study all your words.
- Complete the first 5 tabs of the KidBiz lesson "Make Your Own Video Games."
- Complete at least 30 minutes of iReady math. Extra 50 minutes for extra credit!