Today you have 5 assignments.
- Write a full rough draft of your essay for your canoe plant book! Write in your journal and separate each paragraph on a different page so it is easy to edit. Use the topics and thesis practice we did on Friday. Check your research doc (posted last week) for your topics. Follow the instructions below for a perfect essay!
--- Start with your first body paragraph. Topic sentence explains what this paragraph is about. Then 4 detail sentences about the topic. Conclusion finishes up with a thought about your topic.
--- On a new page, write your second body paragraph. Follow the same steps as above about a NEW topic!
--- On another new page, write your introduction. Start with a sentence about the subject of your canoe plant, the hook. Then write a sentence about the two topics that are your body paragraphs, the thesis.
--- Last, on another new page, write your conclusion. Restate your body paragraphs’ topics. Then a final sentence about your plant’s subject.
* I know it is weird to write on different pages and out of order but it will be easiest to edit this way. Plus it is easiest to write your intro and conclusion when you know what your body paragraphs say! Label each paragraph. We will type our final drafts for the books!
* Spend around 2 hours perfecting your essay!
* Partners will edit these tomorrow so you MUST complete this today!
- Go to KidBiz and search for the article called “The Land and the Sea.” Complete the first 4 tabs and the activity with a score of at least 75%! Remember our Challenge is this month and we ALL need to do at least 2 lessons a week at 75% activity score or more! Let’s win again! We are the champions!
--- Then, complete one or two more lessons of your choice.
*** Fill in your KidBiz handout from last week with your scores and the names of the articles!
- Go to the doc below for your landform demonstrations. Plan what you will demonstrate, how the class will interact, and what each group member will talk about! BB, BC, LB, JL
LR, SB, OC, MJ
AryAl, ANW, LS, CC
KM, SF, AlAik, NP
BBan, GP, TT, ZR
- Go back to your SSS Doc (search for it in your own docs, don’t make a new one) and type a new SSS with tomorrow’s spelling words, which are Plural -Y words. Use all the words and check for spelling and grammar.
- With any remaining time, practice long division on the handout from Friday. Use your multiplication table and finish at least one side of the paper. Work on these until they are easy for you. We have a test this week so try your best!
Edit rough drafts
Virtual posted by 9 am
long division test