If you still have not turned in the Olowalu Cultural Reserve waiver, please do so this week. Email me if you need me to print it for you.
We will be making ki leaf lei on November 3rd. Please email me if you can supply any leaves. We can use as many as we can get!
This Wednesday we will be going to the Maui Nui Botanical Garden. We will be leaving right at 9 am so do NOT be late. Please try to arrive at school by 8:40 so that we can get ready and go right away.
Homework this week: 1 hour of iReady READING.
Today you have 5 assignments.
- In your journal, title a new entry: Canoe Plants. Do the following:
--- write down all the plants you can think of that grow in Hawaii. Think of fruits and others that are popular here.
--- Then go to THIS site and click and read about at least ten examples of canoes plants.
--- Write what it means for a plant to be a canoe plant (look at the top of the website).
--- Then write down the Hawaiian and English names, which are the words in parentheses -> (), of FIVE canoe plants AND some information. Draw a picture too!
--- You may use another site to find some info if you aren’t able to understand the wikipedia page.
--- This may take up to 1 hour. This will be very helpful for our trip to Maui Nui Botanical Garden!
- Type your final draft on a NEW DOC (click then push the + button for a blank doc). Title the doc “Your Name Fall Break essay.”
--- Use your organization handout from last week and your rough draft to type it (bring these in tomorrow!).
--- Indent the first word of each paragraph by pushing Tab.
--- Remember YOU must type your own essay.
--- Check spelling and be sure your intro and conclusion have at least 2 sentences each and your 3 body paragraphs have 5 sentences each.
--- Click HERE to see my example and the rubric (check the rubric closely so that you can get a perfect score!).
--- SHARE IT WITH ME WHEN YOU FINISH TYPING IT.
- IXL E2 and E4 to SmartScore 80. Use the Family Method (DMSB) for E4. HERE is a link to my powerpoint from Friday but you have your notes.
- Watch THIS video on DiscoveryEducation (you may need to log in, use your login sheet) and then in your journal write detailed definitions for:
--- Physical Weathering
--- Chemical Weathering
- Study you spelling words. Use the list from your journal and then go to the Gclass and write two sentences about how you studied. You can see your classmates’ answers to help you think of way to study! Try to write different answers.
Spelling test and pretest
MNBG field trip, bring journal, easy and wear sun protection. Try to be EARLY!
Virtual posted by 9 am
‘Ukulele class, bring your own if you can