We are still in second place in the September KidBiz challenge! We're 400 points behind 3rd grade and we have 4 Daily Top Scorers while they have 5! Let's get one today!
Homework this week: 1 hour iReady MATH.
Today you have 6 assignments. Write them in your journal.
- With your parents, go over the Science Fair Central handouts from Friday.
--- Try to finish all three pages.
--- This handout is very important to help you plan and create your science fair project. Spend at least 1 hour on this. Email me if you have questions.
--- The science fair will be October 5th!
- Work on your part of your group volcano project.
--- Each member of the group must speak about one topic during your presentation.
--- You also must have some sort of visual aid (poster, power point, etc…).
--- Use your group’s Doc or email to work together (check your email to find it!).
--- We will do these presentations some time this week so try to be ready by tomorrow.
- IXL B.2 and C.2. SmartScore of at least 80 (try for 100!).
- Go to KidBiz and search for a lesson about “plastic.” Complete the first 5 orange tabs.
--- Then, in your journal, write the name and a summary of your article.
--- After you finish all the virtual, try to be the top scorer today!
- Go to your Docs, find your SSS Doc, and write a new Silly Spelling Story using this week’s words.
--- Write today’s date then make a title.
--- Try to add in Hawaiian numbers too!
--- Share the doc with me AGAIN when you finish.
- Walk around your house and see what plastics you have in your house that will be thrown away after 1 or a few uses.
--- Make a list of them in your journal. What room had the most throw-away plastics?
With any remaining time (you should work at least 5 hours every Monday), study for the volcano test, do KidBiz, and start your weekly iReady Math homework.
Helu poster presentations
Start Volcano group project presentations
Virtual to be posted by 9 am
Volcano test in class