The bookmobile will be here tomorrow. Please bring your library cards and any books you need to return.
Homework this week: 1 hour of iReady READING. Due Sunday, October 1st.
Today you have 6 assignments. Write them in your journal.
- Go to PowerSchool with your parents and write down all your missing and incomplete assignments in each subject in your journal. You can find the missing assignments by clicking on your grade in each subject. Make a plan for when you will finish these assignments. All missing assignments MUST be completed before Fall Break when the gradebook closes.
--- Bring in your journal so I can see that you have made a plan.
--- Anything not finished will be made up while others are enjoying their KidBiz party (if we win) on Friday, October 6th so if you want to have a fun time, you must do these assignments at home THIS WEEK!
- Start working on your science fair project.
--- Make sure you have detailed steps.
--- Get all your materials together, including poster board supplies for your display. See THIS link for information on your science fair display.
--- Then, in your journal, write a paragraph about how you will collect your data. How will you know your experiment worked? What will you look for when you do the experiment? How will you explain your results to your audience at the fair? Title your page Sci Fair Data.
- IXL D15 and D17. SmartScore 80. Try each lesson for no longer than 1 hour each. It may not take you that long. Use scratch paper!
- Find out how much it would cost to fly to your volcano from the volcano research doc!
--- Use KAYAK to find a flight to the city where your volcano is located. Search for 1 adult ticket from Maui (OGG) to your city for October 6th to October 14th. Find an airport closest to your volcano by using google maps or just fly into the capitol.
--- Use TRIVAGO to find a hotel. Pick any hotel that interests you and use 1 night in October to find the price.
--- Write down the prices for the flight and the hotel in your journal. Write in full sentences and title that page Volcano Travel.
- Find an educational website about your volcano and read it carefully. Then, in your journal, write a paragraph about the most famous eruption (or event) that occurred there. HERE is a great website to check.
--- Your paragraph should have an introductory sentence, 5 body sentences, and a conclusion sentence.
--- You may skip every other line so that we can edit them together. Write clearly and be detailed. Remember not to copy what you read; just change it to your own words.
--- Write down which website you used and title this page Volcano Paragraph.
- Pick one article on KidBiz and complete the first 4 orange tabs (no article-only and no thought question). Maybe choose an article about hurricanes, earthquakes,
--- Then on gClass, write a 3 sentence summary of the article.
Virtual posted by 9 am