Please read the entire blog post for important info about this week's field trips.
Aloha! Thank you all for trying your best on the rocks and fossils quiz. Your hard work paid off!
This week’s homework: 60 minutes of iReady ready. Track your lessons in your google doc!
Today you have 5 assignments.
First, you will learn about the scientific topics of weathering and erosion. This is so that you can understand how land changes over time.
- Watch this short video for an introduction to weathering and erosion. Pay attention; it may help to read the questions in the classroom link below first so you know what you are looking for.
- On our Google Classroom, answer the posted questions in paragraph form.
- Watch The Magic School Bus: Rocks and Rolls
--This is a link to DiscoveryEducation.com. Your username and password are on the paper taped to the back page of your planner!
- On our Google Classroom, answer the second posted question in one or two short sentences about the conflict, climax and resolution!
- Watch and sing along with the lyrics (on video and also found HERE) to The Weathering Song!
Second, using the notes on divisibility rules that we practiced on Friday, complete IXL Math E16 (divisibility rules) and E17 (divisibility word problems) to a SmartScore of at least 70. Be sure you are logged in to your account!! Make sure you have your notes out from Friday and have a great time reviewing and trying to memorize these rules; remember they’re like math puzzles! Don’t forget to put your notes back in your binder!
Third, on IXL Math, look to the top right of the page and click on the blue words that say “See recommended skills.” Choose one new lesson that looks like something you can do and complete it to a SmartScore of 70 if you can. Then, on the Google Classroom, answer the third question about which lesson you completed.
- This is a brand new IXL feature so I am trying it out with you! If you are having trouble please email me. I hope this works because I think you will all like learning something that YOU choose!
Fourth, on IXL Language Arts, complete E3 (common and proper nouns) and E4 (abstract nouns) to a SmartScore of at least 70.
Last, in your journal, choose 5 challenging spelling words from tomorrow’s test and write 5 sentences using proper and/or abstract nouns. Sentences should have at least 6 words and should be complex and unique. Use your BEST HANDWRITING. I will look them over tomorrow and decide if you need extra handwriting practice. Here is my example below:
1. I feel excitement when I watch football, especially the Chicago Bears.
(In this sentence, I used an abstract noun and a proper noun but you don't have to use both)
Don't forget to study ALL your spelling words!
**If you have not finished the Final Thoughts portion of your My Voyage App paper, please do that today. Make sure your paper and your divisibility rules and journal and planner all make it back into your backpack because I will check for them all tomorrow!
Spelling test, My Voyage App paper due, bring in art supplies
Maui Nui Botanical Garden field trip. Bring a snack that can get warm and wear school t-shirt along with shorts and closed-toes shoes that can get dirty! We will be gardening! Lunch at school.
Virtual to be posted by Thursday at 9 am.
We will go to Maui Arts and Cultural Center for the play, Mai Poina: The Overthrow from 10 to 11 with a snack in the field either before or after, depending on time. Please wear your school shirt and look your best as well as eat a hearty breakfast so that you can pay attention and enjoy the play! Lunch at school.