Today students will be dropped off at the elementary school at 12:00. We will have a short activity and then walk over to the middle school for testing. Please pick up there. We will test tomorrow so pick up will be at the middle school again. If we have time we will start the HSA Science test but it will likely be next week. I will have the further testing info on the weebly post for Monday. You are all doing such an awesome job testing! I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work; today we will start the performance task so be prepared to find evidence from the text, write proper paragraphs, and CRUSH THIS TEST! YAHOO!
If you are interested in performing for the talent show, there is a sign-up sheet in the computer classroom. Please email me and sign up today!
Today you have 2 IMPORTANT assignments:
- Google your historic site and find 2 educational websites and paste the web address to our Historic Site doc HERE. You will see a space for them marked 1 and 2 on the doc. These websites will be what you use to write your essay! Find websites that:
- have historical information
- are interesting and have photos or drawings of the site
- are not just about tourism (some tourist websites will have historic info but not all)
- you may use videos if you find some, just post the web address.
--- If you cannot find enough information, you will need to change your site. Find something that has a lot of great info so that it is easier for you to write your essay.
- Work carefully and finish your final draft for the first page of your comic book for chapters 1 and 2 of Island of the Blue Dolphin. First read everything on this post and follow the instructions below:
Your text box will have:
- One quotation (narration and/or speaking taken directly from the book).
- A sentence summary to explain the plot and your art.
- Clearly written, easy to read, absolutely NO spelling errors.
- I recommend writing lightly in pencil then going over it in pen when you’re satisfied with your work.
Your art box will have:
- A drawing that clearly portrays the part of the plot you are summarizing.
- Clear, creative, VERY colorful, and well-designed art (spend time making this look GOOD!)
- Word bubbles if you like
My recommendation for the first page of your comic book:
First strip: Boat is coming
Quotation: I remember the day the Aleut ship came to our island. (or something similar)
Then write a short summary.
Second strip: Orlov and Chowig deal
Quotation: “We come to hunt sea otter. we wish to camp on your island while we are hunting.”
He looked at my father and shrugged his shoulders. Suddenly he smiled, showing his long teeth. “The parts shall be equal,” Orlov said. (This is someone speaking so we should use “quotes” around what they say)
OR something similar
Then write a short summary.
Third strip: Ulape finding fish, Aleuts asking for fish.
Quotation: “Captain Orlov will hear that you refuse to share the fish.”
Before this quotation, you can describe Ulape finding the fish. Summary about not sharing?
I can’t wait to see your awesome pages! Please take your time and make something wonderful!!!!!!!