Be sure you have headphones and pencils and a book to read in your backpack!! Starting tomorrow after lunch, we will begin the SBAC testing. We will walk to the middle school and test until 2:35. Pick up will be at 2:35 at the middle school but drop off everyday will remain the same. As students finish their tests, there may be an opportunity to be picked up early, in which case I will call you. Please get a good rest, eat a nice breakfast, and feel confident and comfortable in your skills.
You are all such brilliant young people and I know you will try your best and do great work!
Homework this week: Review any IXL Math that will help you feel better about the test. You can also check out the IXL Language Arts page for more help!
Today you have 5 assignments:
- Choose a Historical Site for your shared project with your high school partner. HERE is a Wikipedia page that has a good list of sites broken down by island (Oahu has its own link). This list has natural sites, Hawaiian sites, and modern sites. You can also google “historic sites on Maui (etc) if you want to find something else. Then go to THIS shared doc and type the name of the site you want to do your project on and why you chose that site. Each student should have a DIFFERENT site! I will be available by email or possibly on the Doc's chat if you have questions.
- Watch the videos then take the quizzes for the following lessons from THIS website. Take short notes in your journal and keep track of your scores THEN write your scores on the question on Gclass.
-Current Electricity and Electric Circuits
-Sound (this one should be easy!)
- IXL F6, S5, N2, N3, N11, N12. These should help you with the upcoming test. Try to get a Smartscore of 80 but don't spend more than 20 minutes per lesson. This may take up to two hours.
- Review chapters 1 and 2 of Island of the Blue Dolphins by using the online e-book HERE or HERE (do not read ahead). We will be making a comic book of summaries of the chapters. Look through the e-book and find at least 3 quotations that are good summaries of the first two chapters. Write them in your journal then plan and draw three pictures that match. Write the page number so you can remember where you found your quotes! You can choose if you want your comic to have word bubbles or not. This will be a rough draft.
- HERE is the template we will use for our comic books. The smaller boxes will be your written quotations and summaries and the larger boxes will be your pictures.
- While you review the e-book, write down more words and phrases that describe Karana AND the island to use for your character and setting artwork we started last week! Then continue drawing your rough draft of Karana and start drawing the island (lots of description at the start of chapter two!).
-This is a great way to practice finding EVIDENCE FROM THE TEXT, which is an important skill for the upcoming SBAC tests. You are going to rock these tests!!!
- Spend at least one hour working on your comic strip rough draft, your drawing of Karana, and your setting!
- Choose at least 1 or 2 IXL Math lessons that we have not done yet and give them a try! I suggest lessons from J, K, N, or any of the last ones. Write down which lesson you chose and what you learned in your journal. You will use this to teach the class! (You do not need to get SmartScore 80 but try to!).