- Parents, if you have not emailed me your contact info yet, please do so today.
- If you would like to apply for free/reduced lunch, please email me.
- Bring your library card on Tuesday to check out a book from the Book Mobile. Students must have one book at school to read during Silent Sustained Reading.
- We will take iReady diagnostic tests on Thursday. Please be on time that day and ready to try your best. Bring headphones!
- There is no school Friday, August 18th. It is Statehood Day.
- I updated the Wish List to the right. If you have any of these supplies, please email me. Thanks in advance!
Take out your planner and write today’s assignments down. Just write the bold words like this one and the number. Check them off once you have completed them. We will do this every week and I will check to see that your wrote it down.
- Check your email and reply to my email. Go to mail.kiheicharter.org to log in. Your email address is your firstname.lastname@example.org (example: email@example.com). Many of you changed your password in class on Friday, but if you did not, it is kiheicharter. Parents, email me right away if your student's cannot log in.
- Use proper email etiquette like we practiced in class (Greeting, Body, Sign off).
- Please make sure I have your email password if you change it.
- These are school accounts so they may only be used for school work.
- Check the GDoc I shared with you in your email or HERE. Go to your class number and type the hardest word from the spelling list.
- You may click share and send it to me but I already have it so it is not necessary.
- Join our GClass! Click THIS link.
- Use your school email address and enter the class code: y46zpy - Answer the posted question with at least three full sentences. (Reminder: all students should be typing on their own!)
- Make your own GDoc and create a Silly Spelling Story, or SSS. Click THIS link to create your own blank GDoc (be sure that you are logged in to your school email address!). This usually takes about 1 hour.
- Type the date then type a story that includes ALL your spelling words for tomorrow’s test. - Check your spelling and punctuation (you should have ZERO red underlines). - In the top left corner, name your Doc: Your Name SSS (example: Bridget SSS) - Click the top right blue Share button and type my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) then click done.
- Fill out the Time Capsule paper that I handed out in class. Don’t forget to draw a nice picture of yourself on the back.
- Practice your multiplication tables. I will be checking that you know 0-12 this and next week. Here are some fun videos to practice:
- Then, in your journal, think of and write about a song or rhyme to remember one set (7s or 8s are the best to practice!) in the multiplication table. Can you make one like the first video with a popular song? Or how about like the second video with a cool, new beat? Describe your song in at least 4 sentences.
- With any remaining time, study your spelling words and then read a book.
*** Be sure you wrote 1-6 with the bold words in your planner! Put everything (planner, binder, journal, book, Time Capsule paper) back in your backpack!
Email me if you have any questions!
Spelling test today!
Field day, bring lots of water, wear shorts, close-toed shoes, and sun protection (a hat is smart today!)
Virtual posted by 8 am
iReady diagnostic testing, bring headphones
Friday, No school