Parents, I need one volunteer to help out with the Book Fair at Exhibition. Please email me if you can help out!
Exhibition is Wednesday, December 20th. Students will arrive at 9 am for set-up and parents should be at school at 10 am to see performances and become our students and learn what we learned this year! If you know your student will not be at school that day, please email me as soon as possible. Thanks!
Homework this week: work on your iReady lessons that are due at the beginning of Spring Semester. Try to do 2 hours of iReady this week!
Today you have 5 assignments.
- Go to THIS doc to plan what you will teach for exhibition. Each person must type an idea and what supplies they will need and what visual aid they will make. If you need something from the class, add that into your section. Be ready tomorrow to start working on your station!
- Go to THIS doc to check out your group ahupua’a project. Then, go to THIS or THIS link, find your mokupuni map, and draw a rough draft of what you want your poster to look like. All posters must have the name of the mokupuni, all the names of the moku, and one moku’s ahupua’a. Also draw resources found in different sections of the ahupua’a. Use your web quest paper for ideas!
- Find the translations of the moku and ahupua’a names from your group. Use WEHEWEHE or Google Translate or try using THIS link by clicking Ctrl+F and typing the name in the search bar. Write them in your journal. If you can’t find the full name, try separating the name up and search each part. Try this for around 1 hour.
- On a piece of paper, write a 1 paragraph rough draft of your new teacher identity that you will take on during Exhibition! You can either write something simple about yourself and how you learned about your subject or you can make something silly but it should relate to your subject. Follow these steps for a perfect paragraph:
--- Indent then start with a topic sentence explaining who you are and what you’ll teach.
--- Write two or three detail sentences about your life.
--- Then write two or three detail sentences about how you learned about your Exhibition subject.
--- Finish with an interesting thought about you and your subject.
--- Be detailed and have fun!
- Make your spelling words into a piece of art! Use a nice piece of paper and make a fun list to help you study. Make sure you know which words end in -le and which words end in -el!
Beach cleanup (?)
Virtual posted by 9 am