Parents and students, please look together in your planner on pages 68-69. There you will find the amount of lessons for iReady (iR.R. = reading, iR.M. = math) that your student should complete before next quarter (January 9th). This is so that your student will be at the correct level by the end of winter break. Starting today, students will work on those lessons instead of the assigned hour. I will continue to grade by week with a chance for 4 points of extra credit for doing 100 minutes. However, I will now grade 1 hour of math AND 1 hour of reading per week. If you student does not complete their lessons, they will need to work over winter break so that they can start spring semester at the appropriate level. If your student is already on level and has zero lessons to complete, they will still need to complete one hour in both subjects, however they will not need to work over winter break. Virtual will be shorter so that you can focus on getting those lessons completed but students should find time during the week to work on this. Make a plan for the next 5 weeks so that you will have these completed when school starts again on January 9th. Email me with any questions. Thanks.
Homework this week: 1 hour of your iReady reading lessons AND 1 hour of your iReady math lessons due Sunday, 12/10.
Today you have 7 assignments.
- In your journal, make a mind map of all the things you’ve learned about Leigh Botts from Dear. Mr Henshaw. Think about:
---Who: Who is he? Who is his family?
---What: What do his parents do? What is he learning about? What does he like and dislike? What grade is he in?
---Where: Where does he live?
---When: When did important things happen to him?
---Why: Why is he writing? Why does he feel the way he feels?
---How: How does he feel? How old is he?
---AND MORE! (google “mind map characters” if you need extra help!)
- Read some pages of the book you chose last week and start a mind map of the main character in your book! Make it on the next page of your journal.
- Answer the questions about ancient Hawaiians on GCLASS. Write a paragraph with AT LEAST 5 sentences. Think about how we live and then try to figure how how they lived! This will be graded as a formative assessment based on your thoughtfulness and correct paragraph format. Remember, YOU must type by yourself.
- Complete 1 lesson on KidBiz and fill in your handout. You will turn these in this week. The challenge is almost over so be sure you have completed at least 8 articles with activities!
- Listen to Hawaiian Superman and learn all the lyrics! Practice practice practice! I will quiz you tomorrow!
- Finish your My Voyage App paper if you did not yet. I have graded it but I will give you another chance to improve your grade. You can search online to find the answers to the questions you missed. If you lost your paper, you will need to either print it again or just use the doc and write your answers nicely on paper.
- Make a plan for when you will finish your iReady lessons with your parents.
Bring your book to school and be sure to study for the spelling test! Bring in your spelling handout so I can grade it!
Sand Analysis Lab! Bring any sand if you collected some!
Virtual posted by 9 am
‘Ukulele, bring one if you have one!