Homework this week: 60 minutes of iReady math. Due Sunday, January 29th
Today you have 5 assignments.
First, show your family Kid Biz!
- Parents should make an account using the paper that was sent home on Friday.
- Then, students should login to their own account to show them the homepage and career center.
- Watch this video for more info.
- Finish the lesson you started in class on Friday if you didn’t finish.
- Then, complete two lessons (with parents if they are available). Choose “Hey, That’s My Selfie” from the homepage and then search for another lesson about a topic of your choice! Do not choose a Writing topic (found in orange on the right of the article name) or an Article Only article (written small above the article title).
- Do the first 4 tabs on the top (From Before Reading Poll to After Reading Poll) and then just check out the other 5 tabs. You can do those activities for extra points if you like but don’t spend all day on this assignment.
- Be sure to learn the vocabulary and you can check out the Extras tab on the right.
- Spend the most time on the Article and Activity. If you get a question wrong on the Activity, refer back to the article and try really hard to get it correct. If you get less than 75% correct on the Activity, it shows that you did not read the article carefully and this lesson will not improve your lexile level. Try to get the questions right on the first try!!!
- Then, in your journal on the page we started in class, write a short summary (about 3 sentences) of your article with the title of the article. Use the vocabulary in your summary!
- Each lesson takes about 45 minutes so today you should spend about 2 hours on Kid Biz.
Second, go to THIS website to research books in your lexile range (Your lexile level is listed in the career center on Kid Biz).
- Type your lexile level in the first search box then click Submit.
- Second, choose some categories that interest you and click Submit.
- Fiction and Literature will bring up story books!
- Then, check out some of the books picked for you. ** You should put an age range on the right side of 7-12 to find books that will interest you. Click on the book to read more info.
- Then, send me an email about two books you found that you’d like to read and why you’d like to read them.
- Parents, you can read more about lexile levels on this website.
Third, go to the following Makahiki Game Docs and write your name and any info you found on Thursday. Also, write how you want to make your game and how you will teach others to play. We will work in groups tomorrow so be prepared to make plans for your game!
- ōʻō ihe (spear throwing) - TC, SP, VP, AS
- Konane (checkers) - FF, CH, WP, KS
- ‘Ulu maika (bowling) - IN, EM, CA, AW, TL
- Hukihuki (tug of war) - ST, KW, RK, AM
Last, watch as much as you can of the rest of Andy Goldsworthy’s Rivers and Tides film. This link will start you at 25 minutes, where we left off last week, so there is 1 hour left. You do not need to watch the entire film but it is a great film so you should! But at least watch 30 minutes. Try to sketch each of his art pieces and write about what you saw and learned in your journal. (Maybe study your spelling and energy terms while you watch)
With any remaining time, study your spelling words and work on iReady.
***This week we will have a renewable and nonrenewable energy test as well as a decimals test so be sure you know about both of these subjects!
PE, wear PE attire and sun protection, bring water
Virtual to be posted by 9 am.