This Friday we will celebrate May Day! Students will need to be at school at 9 am and parents are invited to join us at 10 am. We will celebrate the islands and our culture until around 11:30 and will have a family potluck-style pa’ina afterward. We are currently studying immigration and plantation days so this is the perfect way to learn and celebrate the end of the year! Please add the the DOC if you can bring a lunch item for families to sample. Students will be DISMISSED after the pa'ina around 1 pm.
*** We also need ti leaves, plumeria, and extra hands if you can help out; please email me!
Homework this week: complete any iReady that you want to improve your grade and perfect your comic pages.
Today you have 5 assignments:
- You are all such lucky children because you have people who have cared about you this entire school year. They brought you to school every day and got you lunch. They helped you with your school work. They encouraged you and help you succeed. Now, how will you care for them? Email me a letter explaining how you will help your family this summer!
- Talk with your family about participating in the pa’ina after May Day this Friday. If you can bring something, write it on THIS doc. If you cannot, put an X next to your number but still research some local food from the links on the doc and write about one. Then teach them the words to Hawaii Aloha and Hawaii Ponoi so that they can join in on the songs!
- Read chapters 22, 23, and 24 and find your quotes and write your summaries in your journal.
- Write the introduction and conclusion paragraphs of your Historic Site doc. This should summarize your 3 body paragraphs in about 3 sentences. Then make sure the rest of your essay is complete (quotes in each paragraph, sentences. Correct spelling and grammar)
- Look at THIS e-book about energy usage. Read the first 9 pages carefully then check out pages 10 and 11 look around your house to see what appliances and items you have (ask your parents for help). Then, in your journal, write down the monthly prices and add them up to see how much you pay per month. Then write a short paragraph about your ideas for how we can conserve energy in the future!
With any remaining time, make sure your comic pages 1-7are perfect and that your historic site doc has 5 perfect paragraphs!!!