Welcome to our 4th Grade ‘Ohana! Weebly is a great way for parents to stay informed. We will use Google Classroom (GClass) for virtual assignments. Students, please use your KCS email (see below) to add yourself to the class using the code below.
Class code: 626g3vx
Complete the assignments there. Virtual should take about two hours per day for the next two weeks. Check each morning for specific due dates. We are available via email during normal school hours so it is best to do virtual before afternoon classes.
Logging on to kiheicharter.org email account:
- Go HERE and type your name like this: firstname.lastname@example.org --- If you have a hyphenated name, you will use only the first part of your name. (Make sure username is @kiheicharter.org and not at gmail.com)
- --- If you cannot log in, email Ms. Bridget at email@example.com
- Use the password “tigershark”. Then you will be prompted to change your password. Choose something that you will remember and write it down.
- Reply to Ms. Bridget’s email with your new password. It is very important that you send me your password; otherwise I will have to reset it.
Click HERE to see the Orientation presentation. See you at 1:00 on Monday at the previous Kihei Charter Middle School in Lipoa Center!
Students, we will see you tomorrow in the previous KCS 6th grade building at 12:00. Please bring a snack, water, a journal, pencils, and one set of art supplies (like colored pencils). Eat lunch before you come in.
Here is what is posted on the GClass for this week’s virtual assignments. After this week, all virtual assignments will be posted on Gclass only.
Welcome to your first week of virtual! Virtual assignments are a wonderful way for you to become fluent in technology and self-directed learning, which are both important 21st Century Skills! Due dates are posted in parentheses below. Most assignments should be completed before afternoon classes but we understand that this is a new way of learning so work at your own pace.
- Log in to your gmail. Click the message from Ms. Bridget. Read it and click the Reply button. Type your password in the message box and hit send! (Due Tuesday)
- Be sure you have logged in to your school email account and replied to my email with your new password. (Due today)
- Answer the questions (linked on Gclass) in detailed complete sentences. Take the week to do this and bring them in typed or in your journal by 8/14. You can do it all today or do 4 questions per day. (Due 8/14)
- Get a chapter book that you have never read before that you want to read this month. In the comments below, write the name of the book, the author, and the number of pages. Then read for 30 minutes. Try to read for 30 minutes everyday! (Due today)
- Log in to IXL. Use your first initial and last name then @kpcs as your username (example: bhogan@kpcs) and kihei as your password. (Due today)
--- IXL is graded as follows: SmartScore 80+ is full credit, 4 out of 4. 60+ is 3 points. 40+ is 2 points and anything less is 1 point. Try as best you can but do not spend more than 30 minutes per lesson.
- Go to IXL 4th grade Math and complete B1 (Add Numbers Up to Millions) and B2 (Add Numbers Up to Millions: Word Problems). (Due today)
- Switch to IXL 4th grade Reading and complete lessons B1 (What word is a noun?) and B2 (Identify nouns). (Due today)
- Answer 4 more questions then read for 30 minutes.
- DRAW A SCIENTIST: Close your eyes and imagine a scientist. What is your scientist doing? Where is your scientist? What is your scientist wearing? What does this scientist look like? Draw your mental image of a scientist on a clean sheet of paper. Make it neat and include as many details as you can! Use colored pencils or crayons. (Please bring completed picture to class on Monday, August 13).
- Answer 4 more questions.
- Read for at least 30 minutes.
4. Finish any assignments from this week!