Homework is to study for your word wall quiz that will take place tomorrow, 5/22
The Art of Trash
Objective: To create environmental awareness through artistic expression
Americans throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour!
Every 3 months, America throws enough aluminum into our landfills that they could construct the nation's commercial air fleet.
Recycling one ton of cardboard can save 46 gallons of oil.
1. Using recycled materials create a 3 dimensional art piece. Consider using used egg cartons, food containers, boxes, ice cream containers, drink trays, soap containers, lotion bottles, soda cans, tin foil, food wrapers, shredded paper, envelopes, junk mail, old CD's, old dishes, nylons, fabric, bottle caps, fishing line, etc.
You may consider making a sculpture, jewelry, purse, furniture, clothing, mobile or anything your imagination comes up with.
2. Email me one paragraph telling me all of the recycled materials used in your art work along with a description of what your art piece is.
3. Send a picture of your artwork by 5:00 pm Friday.
4. Bring art piece in on Monday.
Here are some examples:
Congratulation for an outstanding Entrepreneurs Fair! Congratulations to Keely, Kaila, Calving, Morgan and Kewen for making it to the next level!
Please click here for a link to your Friday virtual assignment. You must be logged into your gmail account to access it.
Your Young Entrepreneur Fair will be on Thursday. Your focus for this week will be to create a display that will attract customers to your booth and want to spend their money on your product or service. You will need:
1. A display, it does not have to be a trifold but must be free standing
2. A prototype of your product or a price menu and example of the service you are offering. If you are making food, you do not have to make for everyone to try but need one sample as a display.
3. A money box where your customers can drop their money on your product or service. Remember each student has $500 to spend.
4. Your booth should be visually stunning, show your logo, display your slogan and have reference to your website.
5. Your display should be able to answer all questions a customer would have as well as having something special that makes your product stand out.
6. No spelling or grammatical errors.
7. Top 5 sellers move on to the shark tank where the top producer will win a prize.
8. 50 Points
Please be prepared for your test in the order of presidents tomorrow. Use your mneumonic device to help you prepare.
iReady Reading Log