1. Why does crossing into Terabithia become more dangerous during spring vacation? How do Jess and Leslie each react to this new situation?
2. Describe Jess’s “one perfect day.”
3. What terrible news does Jess learn when he arrives home? Why is this ironic? How does Jess respond to this bad news? 4. When does Jess finally realize that Leslie is dead? What emotion does he feel? How does he express his feelings?
5. How does Jess’s dad help him begin to get over Leslie’s death?
6. Explain why Jess visits Terabithia after Leslie’s death. What does he do? What happens when May Belle follows him?
7. How does Jess feel that his relationship with Leslie has changed him? How does he begin to “give back” some of the strength and caring he received from Leslie?