- Continue to practice comma's by going to no red ink. Take the quiz before 3:00 today.
- iReady reading - one hour due by 1:00 today.
- Write up the questions that you plan to ask your interviewee (see last Friday post for list of questions)
- Schedule the interview and bring the date of interview and questions to class on Monday. Come to class with the plan for the interview.
- Go to www.timetoast.com and create a free account if you plan to use an online program for your timeline. If you plan to create your own timeline, begin to sketch that today. Bring your unfinished timeline to class Monday.
- Write an outline or Cornell notes about the person that you are interviewing. Begin with an introduction, 2 - 3 facts about their immigration. We will work on the conclusion in class Monday.
Option #2 - Write an outline to begin your essay. The outline should include the topic sentence, three main ideas for the body:
- Background information from where the person immigrated.
- What was happening in the world when the person came to America?
- How did your person get his/her start in America? What were some of the things they were different about their new land?