Lesson: Reading a Ruler
Homework - 2 parts
Play the Ruler Game. You must get a score of 1000 points on the Quarters Level. When complete, send me an email (using proper email etiquette) with a screen shot of your score. Click here for screen shot instructions.
Measuring at Home - this activity is similar to what we did in class except you are going to measure 8 objects. The the format of the chart that we used in class.
5 columns titled (Item, Estimated Length, Actual Length, Adding Both, Which length is bigger and by how much?)
1. Find 4 pairs of similar objects that are different in length (8 total). Do not go over 12 inches. (For example, crayon and long pencil.)
2. Estimate each object's length and record.
3. Measure each object's actual length and record. Remember to measure to the nearest, 1/4 in., 1/2 in., 3/4 in. and whole. You may NOT have two similar objects that are whole numbers.
4. Add the two similar object's lengths.
5. Determine which is longer and by how much?
Due - Wednesday 11/25
Grading - 21st Century Skill: Self - Direction
Absent - See myself or another student for clarification. Due one day after you return to school.