Below are requirements for math class for the rest of the year.
Write the requirements for IXL reflections, listed below in black, on a sheet of loose leaf paper and put in a safe place in your binder. Many completed this in class. This is a reference for when you write the reflections.
- In addition to completing the IXL skill level online, each IXL skill level will require a written reflection on a half sheet of loose leaf paper (you may use the back) that will be turned in on the due date.
- In order to receive ANY credit, BOTH the IXL online work and reflection must be completed. The reflection will be placed into a folder kept in class and will be cross-referenced with the online work.
NOTE: If the IXL assignment is late, the student must email the teacher within TWO DAYS of the due date of the assignment that was completed along with their reflection. I will not accept any late assignments after that. The exception is for an approved absence, in which you receive as many school days absent to turn in missing work.
The IXL reflection must include the following information:
- IXL Skill Level, letter and number, along with the level name
- Example, G.7 Round Decimals
- Smart Score
- Answers to the following questions using proper sentence structure and grammar. Restate the question in the answer.
- What did you learn from the lesson regarding this topic? If you didn't learn anything new, what did you want to learn?
- What are some of the challenges that you faced with these types of problems? If there were none, what are other questions you could ask to better your understanding of them?
- Write one problem from this skill level and describe in words how to solve it.
- One hour of iReady Math must be completed each week by Friday at 3 pm. The hours will be verified from Monday to Friday of each week (that is 15 minutes per day).
- You will receive a score of 5 points for 21st century skills for completion or 0 for non-completion.
NOTE: If the iReady assignment is late, the student must email the teacher within TWO DAYS of the due date of which assignment was completed. I will not accept any late assignments after that. The exception is for an approved absence, in which you receive as many school days absent to turn in missing work.