I have provided all of the information below during class over the last 2 - 3 quarters in which you should have written in your math notebook. If you need additional information, please perform research on your own.
Include the following in your guide:
1. Definition of a fraction. Include what is a numerator and denominator. Show examples of like and unlike denominators.
2. Definition of equivalent fractions. Show examples.
3. Steps to change an improper fraction to a mixed number. Show one example.
4. Steps to change a mixed number to an improper fraction. Show one example.
3. Steps to Add and Subtract Fractions. Show one example for each.
4. Steps to Multiplying Fractions. Show one example for each.
Proper/Improper x Proper/Improper
Proper/Improper x Mixed Number
Mixed Number x Mixed Number
I did not include Dividing Fractions as we have not covered it in class, however, you will be adding information about it in your guide after we learn it in class.
Worth 15 points as a Classwork/Homework grade. Creativitiy, neatness, accuracy of the information and creating a professional-looking guide counts toward your grade!!!! Some of the guides may be shown at exhibition.
Please send me an email (copy your parents/guardians) when you have finished your guide. This is due by 4 pm today.