First read each of the questions below, then watch the video from Khan Academy on scaling fractions.
Answer the following questions on a sheet of loose leaf paper to be turned in on Monday. Note: send an email to email@example.com and copy your parents/guardians when finished to confirm that your assignment is complete. Due by 3 pm.
1. Mr. Khan asked you to pause the video (twice). Pause it and reflect on the 3 fraction expressions. Describe your thoughts about comparing which is largest, in the middle, and smallest. Remember, no calculations and there is no right or wrong answer, for now. (Use proper sentence structure and grammar.) (2 points)
2. Now, solve each example given in the video. Be sure to write down the original problem. (3 points)
3. Draw each example that is provided in the video. (1 point)
4. Tell which fraction is the largest (scaled up), in between, and the smallest (scaled down) as shown in the video. (1 point)
5. Describe in your own words what scaled down and scaled up mean. Refer to information in the video. (2 points)
6. Create an example of your own that is similar to what you saw in the video. Be sure to include a common fraction that is multiplied by 3 other fractions that are less than one whole, more than one whole and equal to one whole. Also include 3 models to compare each. (6 points)
Grading: 15 points - homework grade
Due Monday April 4th.