Think Like a Real Scientist
The scientific method is a systematic way of learning about the world around us and answering questions.
Please write the following steps in your engineering notebook.
Scientific Method Steps
- Spend some time thinking about a question you want to ask that involves plants, animals or life science in which you are interested, such as "Why do moles make holes?" (don't use this one).
- Develop a hypothesis (an educated guess to your question). Remember, a hypothesis does not have to be correct as it is only what you think.
- List 5 facts about the answer to your hypothesis. You must list all URLs (websites) for each fact. Note: there may be more than one fact for each website.
- You do NOT have to conduct an experiment (unless you want), but identify the variables that would be included in the experiment: independent, dependent, and control.
- Collect and Analyze Data
- List any data that would be necessary for your experiment.
- Communicate Results (summarize your results)
- Why did you chose your question?
- Why do you think your question is important?
- Was your hypothesis correct? Why or why not?
Useful Science Sites
Send an email with the above steps by 4 pm today.