Compost (Part 1)
We have a compost bin in our school garden. Students will perform research about compost to aid in understanding of compost and its influence in gardening.
Design a creative poster, 8 1/2 x 11 or larger, to include the following information.
- Definition of composting. (2 points)
- What are the benefits for using a compost bin? (2 points)
- List what items you should and should NOT compost. Be creative. (6 points)
Grading: 10 points - Classwork/Homework
DUE on Monday 9/12
Plant Varieties (Part 2)
Students will perform research about different types of plant varieties and placement in our school garden.
- List plant types that will grow in Kihei, which is a desert environment.
- List any specific accommodations for each plant that requires proper growth such as more or less shade or sun, more or less water, types of soil, etc.
Send an email to email@example.com with answers to Plant Varieties (Part 2) using correct sentence structure, grammar, and spelling.
Grading: 10 points - 21st Century Skills - Communication
DUE 9/9 sent by email.