Assignment (you will have to do your own research):
1. List as many animal and plant life in the Pacific Ocean as you can. Record them in your science composition notebook.
2. Create a "hands-on" or "interactive" food web that include the Pacific Ocean's animal and plant life. Use household objects to create this. Try to be specific to the area surrounding Hawai'i.
Below are some Food Web Creation Ideas:
- Use pictures to design a web along with arrows
- Design a mobile
- Use string, yarn, or rubber bands to combine different species interaction
- Use plastic or paper cups
- Use chain links or strips of paper
- Possibilities are endless!!!
3. Be prepared to know how the different plants and organism interact and rely on each other for a group activity.
Due Monday 11/16 in class