Watch these videos to get you started. Take notes and there is a transcript available for each one.
Use the following websites for help. You may have to search other sites on your own.
Answer the following questions using a bullet point summary on a piece of loose leaf paper. Please use proper spelling and grammar and in your own words.
1. What are coral reefs?
2. What is the purpose of coral reefs?
3. What are five benefits of coral reefs?
4. What are three natural threats to coral reefs?
5. What is coral bleaching? (Be very specific and give examples.)
6. What are four causes of coral bleaching?
7. Draw the coral bleaching process. Include healthy coral, stressed coral, and bleached coral. You may use a chart or diagram. (Be sure to label correctly and accurately.)
Be very detailed as you will use some information in language arts class.
14 points (correctly answering all questions) - Classwork/Homework
6 points (taking notes on both videos) - 21st Century Skill Self-Direction
Turn in work on the day you return.