You must answer using proper grammar and sentence structure to include proper spelling. You will need to perform research to answer questions. All respones EXCEPT FOR DRAWINGS must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on Friday 2/12 by 4 pm.
1. Who was Rube Goldberg?
- Write a short summary of who he was and what he did. (3-5 sentence paragraph)
- What is a Rube Goldberg and what does it do? (3-5 sentence paragraph)
- List at least 3 examples where you can find his work other than illustrations (comics) such as in the movies, TV, etc.
2. What are Simple Machines?
Many Rube Goldberg creations uses one or more of the six simple machines. Review each of them HERE or HERE or you may also use your own resources.
Describe each simple machine to include the definition in your own words and example of each. This may include a picture.
3. Design Your Own Rube Goldberg (THIS WILL BE TURNED IN ON PAPER)
- Sketch a drawing of your own Rube Goldberg.
- Keep in mind that Rube Goldberg creations use many simple machines. You will be required to use at least 3 simple machines in your Rube Goldberg creation.
1. The creation should perform one task (such as turn book pages or drop ice into a cup.)
2. The creation should be stable and can stand on its own.
3. The creation should be made using items found at home or borrowed from a friend. Please do not purchase anything for this project.
Note: you will be creating an actual Rube Goldberg on your own for the next virtual assignment. DO NOT create a Rube Goldberg for this virtual assignment.
IDEAS FOR CONTRAPTIONS
KLENNEX OUT OF THE BOX LAUCHING A PAPER AIRPLANE
GOLF BALL IN HOLE RING A BELL
TOOTHPASTE ON BRUSH PUT AN ICE INTO A CUP
HIT A TARGET WITH SOMETHING TURN ON A FLASHLIGHT
SWITCH SOMETHING ON STAPLE SOMETHING
OR ANY OTHER SIMPLE TASK!
Check out the following links for Rube Goldberg insprirations:
Games to inspire: