Energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it can change from one form to another.
Watch the Bill Nye video HERE for more information on energy and energy transformations (stop watching at 23 min. as it repeats) to assist with the assignment. Take notes on the different types of energy and some examples of their transformations.
Create a poster with the requirements below. This can be on poster board/paper, construction/white paper or anything else you want. Please do NOT spend money on supplies that you don't already have on hand unless you wish to do so. Let me know if you are not able to provide materials.
- Title: Energy Transformations
- Show six examples of energy transformations using pictures. For example: a picture of a battery (chemical energy) and a flashlight (light energy).
- You must use one example of each of the 6 types of energy discussed in class that is also on the powerpoint HERE.
- For the pictures, you may use magazine, newspaper, or internet images, drawings of your own or any other pictures sources. The poster may have 3D components as well.
- Include a description of each type of energy and its transformation with each of the pictures.
- Be creative and take pride in your work.
21st Century Information Skills - 8 points
Homework Grade - 12 points
Due Monday 4/24