The IXL homework for the week is as follows:
Math: U2 (Match Analog Clocks and Times), V4 (Count Sides and Corners)
Language Arts: F1 (Complete the Word with the Right Initial Consonant Blend), N1 (Choose the Silent E Word that Matches the Picture)
We also have a few other additional homework assignments to work on this week.
1) All Upcycle Projects are due on Friday, January 31. Every project that has come in has been amazing so far! Keep up the good work. For any questions on this project, please see my letter and suggestions on last week's Weebly.
2) We have started a unit of study on the Universe and Astronomy. Last week, we brainstormed what the students already knew about the Universe and the questions they had. This week's homework is to answer one of the questions they came up with. In order to answer the question, students can ask parents, Google it, or preferably, look it up in a book. They should come to school on Tuesday, February 4 ready to discuss their question. (They don't need to write anything down for this assignment).
Here are the choices of questions.
- What are the planets made out of?
- Are aliens real?
- Is space actually dark?
- What is a black hole?
- Does it rain in space?
- What's up with Pluto? (Why isn't it a planet? What's the history)
- What does the earth look like from space?
- Why do stars explode?
3) Students will be bringing home a Moon Journal with them tomorrow, Tuesday, January 28. The journal includes instructions for observing the moon's phases during the next month. Moon journals are due back on Friday, February 28.
Please bring in your classroom supplies if you have not. A detailed list is attached to last week's Weebly.