This Wednesday is Exhibition! Students must arrive at 9 am for set-up. Parents are invited to come learn what we have learned at 10 am. At around 11:15 we will begin clean up and after, lunch will be served and students can demonstrate their new PE skills with Coach Kimo. Students will be released after clean up.
Because students will be taking on the role of teacher on Wednesday, they may wear their best teacher costumes but please wear something comfortable and school appropriate. You may also want to bring your school shirt to participate in the PE Exhibition. Wear your school shirt on Tuesday.
Over break, if you are not at the correct level in iReady, you will need to complete the amount of lessons in your planner on pages 68-69. I updated them in the planner on Friday and wrote down the last lesson I expect you to complete. Please find time to do this before January 9th.
Please also finish your book that you picked earlier this month. We will compare those books with our class book when we return in January so read it all over break.
The Book Mobile will be on campus tomorrow so if you want a book to read over break, bring your library card. Please also bring any book you checked out last time!
Today you have 5 assignments.
- Turn your Teacher Bio and the info you learned from Expand your Knowledge into a simple four paragraph essay! You may type and print it (or share it with me to print) or write it on paper in your BEST handwriting. I recommend TYPING on a DOC because you can check and make changes easily but it is your choice. This must be done today so that we can display them at Exhibition. Do NOT forget it at home. This will be graded as a test so it can help your grade! This should take around 1 hour. Follow these instructions:
---Indent each new paragraph and check spelling and grammar.
--- Intro Paragraph: Start with the hook that should say your name. Then write a thesis that includes your subject and a tiny bit about your Expand your Knowledge.
--- BP 1: Write about your life history and how you learned about your subject. Use your rough draft from last week for this section.
--- BP 2: Write a paragraph about your Expand your Knowledge. Use what you researched and the doc from Thursday to explain something about your subject that I did NOT teach you. Be detailed and use your own words. It can be anything related to what you will be teaching about at Exhibition!
--- Conclusion: Restate your thesis in different words and end with an interesting thought.
- Finish your posters and visual aids for Exhibition. We want to completely transform our classroom into your own mini classrooms, Professors! Make something you are proud to display and bring it in tomorrow. Even if you already made posters last week, make something else. You can choose to display some work we did (like an essay or reading) or you can make something to help you teach about your subject or you can make art to hang in your mini classroom. Email your partners to make sure your group is ready. Spend about 1 hour making something. Also bring in any supplies that other students may need (tests, essays, canoe plants, art, etc…). If you need help deciding what to make, please email me!
- Practice your Exhibition speeches and interactives with your family. Have them ask you questions about your subject and try to teach them all about it. Be prepared to answer lots of questions on Wednesday! Spend about 30 minutes practicing as your teacher self!
- Practice Hawaiian Superman! This page has the song, the lyrics, AND the chords. Play your own air ukuleles and move your fingers from chord to chord! Sing along! Make sure you know the chords and the lyrics by tomorrow! Spend about 30 minutes practicing!
- Spend 1 hour on iReady Reading AND 1 hour on iReady Math! Two hours total. This will help you get to your goal of completing all your lessons before January 9th. I will grade this tomorrow as extra credit so this will help everyone’s grades!