Students must wear their school shirts tomorrow. If you would like to bring something to share with the class, it will be allowed after school and students should be sure to ask their parents if it is ok to eat anything. We have 20 students.
We will go on our field trip on Wednesday. Please do not be late on Wednesday. We will leave at 9:00 and return to school for lunch. Class dismissed at 1:30 as usual (sorry for the confusion last week!).
We will make lei on Friday. If you plan on sending in ti leaves, please either prepare them at home (cut along the both sides of the bone and freeze them overnight in a plastic bag) and bring them on Friday or send them in any day before Thursday so I can prepare and freeze them.
Homework this week: 1 hour of iReady MATH.
Today you have 5 assignments:
- Choose three canoe plants from your list from last week or WIKIPEDIA or THIS link (it's great!) and type a paragraph about each on a new DOC. Title your doc Your Name CP. Follow the format below to make your paragraph easy to write!
--- Topic sentence: the Hawaiian and English names and where it came from.
--- First detail sentence: describe how the plant looks.
--- Second detail sentence: Explain how it was used.
--- Third detail sentence: Explain another use.
--- Closing sentence: something interesting!
------ In the end you should have 3 paragraphs with 5 sentences each!
------ SHARE IT WITH ME WHEN YOU FINISH.
- IXL E8. Smartscore 80 for full credit. You WILL need a piece of paper to solve them.
--- Remember the family method! DMSB! (Please finish E6 from Thursday if you haven’t yet.)
- Play a spelling game or two! Go HERE and play some of the games I created for tomorrow’s test. Spend at least 30 minutes or until you know how to spell all the words!
- Go to KidBiz and click on Resources then Writing Center. Find Parts of Speech in the blue box and go to Nouns. Complete two activities about nouns! Choose one lesson that seems easy and one that is new to you. Then write about what you learned from each lesson in your journal.
--- This is new to me too so let’s try it out together!
- Watch The Magic School Bus Rocks and Rolls HERE then go to the GCLASS and answer the questions.
Discuss canoe plants, be sure you have finished last week’s virtual assignment and today’s!
PE after lunch
Virtual posted by 9 am
‘Ukulele, bring your own if you have one!