On Thursday, February 22nd, students in grades 2-5 will be going on a whale watch with Pacific Whale Foundation. We will have a short virtual assignment in the morning and then get on the boat from 10:45 to 12:00. Parents are invited to attend as well. For students the price is $8 and for parents it is $15. You can pay this at the middle school. I will send home waivers for students today, which must be returned to me. Parents who are joining can fill out their own waivers upon payment at the middle school. Payment is due by NEXT FRIDAY.
Students voted to spend their KidBiz Challenge money on a field trip to the humane society. We will go in March and will begin doing a “Pennies for Pets” drive as well as getting supplies that the humane society needs. Stay tuned!
Please be sure you are doing your weekly iReady! There were many zeros this week so make it up this week by trying to get 100 minutes done!
Kihei Charter School will host its 2nd Annual Hawaiian Lu'au on Saturday, March 10 at 5:30 pm. The event will be held at the VFW in Kihei and feature musical performances by local artists. Tickets can be purchased for $50 at the high school front desk or by directly contacting Ellen Federoff at email@example.com. Children under 12 are free! We plan to have our students come to perform ukulele and/or hula so let me know if you are interested in attending!
Today you have 3 assignments.
- Check your grades on PowerSchool. In your journal write down your number grade for each subject and write ALL your missing assignments Make a plan to complete these assignments over the weekend.
- On a blank piece of paper, draw out your idea for the Invention Convention. Draw your invention, write down supplies you will need, and write a plan for how you will build this! You will share with with the class so you can get PCQs from them.
- On another piece of paper, design your rough draft of the cover for your animal journal. All covers MUST include: a hand-drawn picture of your animal, the Hawaiian name, the common name, and the scientific name (you can check your sent messages in email to find this if you did the last assignment, otherwise look it up again), as well as your name!
- Check your doc to make sure you have FOUR pages, each with one complete paragraph and a source. We will print these next week.
- Also make sure you know very well what your animal looks like so you can create your model today!
With any remaining time, do iReady! Do NOT get a zero this week!