Spirit Week is coming!* April 26 - 29 is Spirit Week. Please come ready to show off your school spirit. Here is the schedule of dress:
- Tuesday, April 26 - Character Day - Become your favorite (school appropriate) character, such as from a book or movie!
- Wednesday, April 27 - Sports Day - Wear your team's colors, jersey, or hat to school. Make sure your clothes are appropriate for PE (shoes, shorts, and covered shoulders)!
- Thursday, April 28 - Pajama Day - Wear your PJs to school! Teddy Bears optional.
- Friday, April 29 - Duplicate Day - Pick a friend (or a few friends) and dress the same!
Looking ahead to May -
- Talent Show - The K- 5 talent show is scheduled for Thursday, May 12th, starting at 11:00. Come show off your special talent in song, dance, poetry, music, or something else! Entries must be approved by teachers and are due by May 6.
- Student Exhibition - The second semester Kihei Charter School Exhibition will be Thursday, May 26. Time TBA.
- Last Day of the 4th quarter and end of the 2015-2016 school year will be Friday, May 27.
Homework this week: complete 90 minutes of iReady MATH. Read and fill out your reading log.
First, read your letter you wrote on Thursday and think about Dear Mr. Henshaw. On page number one, we read Leigh Botts’ first letter to Mr. Henshaw as a second grade student. We talked about the author's voice and how the author Beverly Cleary uses short sentences and spelling mistakes to make the voice of Leigh sound younger. Recreate your letter about your favorite book using the voice of your second grade self! You can choose a different favorite book if you want. Try to use a few realistic spelling and/or grammar errors and circle them. Short, simple sentences make a writer’s voice sound younger. If you want to write messily, that's ok but not too messy; make sure others can still read your handwriting (maybe write bigger?). Also try to include something to make it still sound like YOU (and not Leigh). Your new letter should be no more than 5 or 6 sentences, like Leigh’s in the book!
Then, watch THIS VIDEO about Force and Motion. On the back of your letter paper, write a few sentences about anything you learned.
Third, make a Silly Spelling Story on Google Docs. Try to use ALL the spellings words from Week 26. We will have our spelling test on Tuesday. Title it Your Name, Week 26. Don’t forget to share it with me!
Last, complete U3 on IXL. Get a smart score of at least 70.
PE day, SSR
Thursday, PWF day
Drop off will be at slip #66, at the very end of the peninsula of Ma’alaea Harbor at 8:50 am. We will be on the boat until 10:15 am and then we will have a snack and a short class in the PWF classroom. Pick up in front of the PWF classroom at 11:30 am.