Next week is Spirit Week and the Talent Show! Monday is Sports Day (dress up and play at home!). Tuesday is Dress Up Day (wear nicer clothes like dresses and ties! Act like an adult!). Wednesday is Wacky Wednesday (wear your craziest clothes and have wild hair! But make sure you can do PE in your costume). Thursday is Throwback Thursday (wear clothes like a famous historical person or time period). Friday is Character Day (dress as a character your favorite book, movie, video game, etc).
The Talent Show will be on Thursday before class starting at 11 am. Come early if you want to watch the performances. EMAIL ME if you want to join the Talent Show!!!
Homework this week: complete any missing assignments from this semester and read a book.
Today you have 5 assignments:
1. Check PowerSchool and go to GClass to make a doc that lists all your missing work from semester two (aka quarter 3 and 4). Follow the instructions on GClass and the doc. After you make the list, show it to your parents and make a plan to finish this work by SUNDAY (this is your weekly homework). Make sure you write your PERCENTAGE grade for each subject and all work that is marked orange for missing.
2. Read the websites you found for your historic site (Doc HERE). Then in your journal, make a list of all the different topics you could write paragraphs about. Write a few details from your websites about your topic ideas. You must have at least 4 topic ideas and details. Then we will narrow down our ideas with the high schoolers.
Some ideas are:
- how/when/why it was built/formed
- what it was used for
- an important event that happened there
- a person/group that used the site
- how it is used today.
*** Spend at least 1 hour working on this assignment. You do not need to write full sentences, just ideas!
3. Read Chapter 6 of Island of the Blue Dolphins then make your comic page for chapters 4, 5, and 6. This is a very important part of the plot so spend some time finding good quotes, writing clear summaries, and drawing creative pictures. Spend at least 1 hour making a great page! Finish your first page if it’s not complete yet.
Here is what we talked about for a summary of Chapter 4. You can use this for your first strip:
“One string of beads for one otter pelt is not our bargain,” my father said. (or pick your own)
Chief Chowig does not accept the payment so they begin to battle. Chief Chowig and many warriors die and the rest are injured.
Make your OWN quotations and summaries for chapters 5 and 6!
4. IXL X1, X2, X3, AA1, AA2.
5. Check out this Fossil Fuels slideshow and this Renewable Fuels and do the quizzes. Write your score in your journal. Then read about the 5 types of energy sources (Current and Future) on Maui HERE and draw pictures of them on the same page.
Study your spelling words! I’ll (I will) be collecting your handouts so be sure you’ve (you have) finished them completely by tomorrow. You shouldn’t (should not) be unprepared for the test tomorrow at 9 o’clock (of the clock). :D