All students should have their supplies for their invention and should plan to have something built by Monday. I will be assigning virtual work where you will take photos of what you have created so that we can discuss improvements in class (without having to bring them in).
Tomorrow we will be going on a field trip. We will leave promptly at 9 am so please do not be late!
Today you have 3 assignments. Parents, please help and look over assignment #1. Students should interview a parent, grandparent, or other relative or close family friend.
- Take out the interview paper for the field trip (it is stapled to the spelling handout) and follow the instructions there. Then interview your subject and journal about what you learned.
- Use this time to learn stories and information about someone you love.
- Relate the interview back to culture. How did your subject’s culture affect their life?
- Try to write about one page in correct paragraph, script, OR dialogue format about your subject.
- This should take around 1.5 hours and was recommended by the organization that will put on the play tomorrow.
- Search KidBiz for two lessons on culture (search for the word “culture” or another country or area such as Micronesia, Korea, or Europe, etc). Complete the first 4 tabs and then compare the two cultures in your journal in at least 4 sentences.
- Prepare any props or costumes you want to use for our Dear Mr. Henshaw play.