It is also required that all students wear closed toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and wear sun protection. Pants and clothes you don’t mind getting a little dirty are also recommended as we will be working in their garden.
HOMEWORK THIS WEEK: Please do 1.5 hours of iReady READING, practice your spelling words, and read your book!
Set your own timer here, work for 30-45 minutes at a time
MONDAY, 1/25, Virtual Day
Today is going to be a fun-filled and informative day! You have three assignments.
First, watch three videos about island formation and be ready to compare them in class on Tuesday. You do NOT need to take notes.
- The Magic School Bus (22 minutes)
- New island in Japan! (1 minute)
- Lava (try to learn the lyrics if you can!) (5 minutes)
Third, you will make a vocabulary list from the week 18 spelling list.
- Go to your Google Docs
- Start a new doc and title it Week 18 and your name (top left)
- Pick any FIVE spelling words (try to pick words you spelled wrong on the pretest)
- Look up the words on dictionary.com. If there are multiple definitions, choose one
- Copy and paste that word and definition to your Google doc.
- Below the definition, type your own sentence using the word.
- Don’t forget to share it with me! Click the top right blue share button and type my email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Seventy: a cardinal number, 10 times 7.
TUESDAY, 1/26, 8:55-2:35
Spelling test and pretest. Words posted on tuesday.
WEDNESDAY, 1/27, 8:55-1:30
We will go to Malama Maui Nui so remember: CLOSED-TOED SHOES (no slippers!), WATER BOTTLE, SUN PROTECTION, and appropriate gardening clothes.
THURSDAY, 1/28, 12:00-2:35
Morning virtual will be posted in a new post later this week.
FRIDAY, 1/28, 8:55-2:35