There will be no iReady homework this week however, if you're below where you want to be in iReady, you should find some time to work on either or both subjects over winter break!
This Wednesday is Exhibition! I can't wait to see how you will teach others what we have been learning in class! Students should be at school on Wednesday by 9 am. Parents should arrive at 10 am or earlier if you'd like to help with the Scholastic Book Fair! I'm still looking for a few volunteers! Please email me if you can help. We will present at our stations until 11:15 then have lunch until 12:00. If you'd like, bring something for the class (and families) to share! You can let everyone know what you're bringing HERE. If you know you want lunch from school that day, please email me today. Students are released at 12:00 after our stations are cleaned up. Then, enjoy your break!
First, in your journal, write two paragraphs about Dear Mr. Henshaw. The first paragraph will be about how you and Leigh are similar. The second is about how you and Leigh are different.
- Use examples from the book about Leigh. Do not just say things like “I'm a girl and he's a boy.” Talk about your personalities and the events in your lives.
- Each paragraph should be at least 5 sentences and start with a topic sentence. Check your spelling and read it aloud once because we will share these in class.
Second, read this NPR article (aloud to your parents if you can!) about the closing of the HC&S sugar cane plantation. Then, go to the G Classroom and tell us what you think the community of Maui should do with all that land. You should write at least 4 sentences in the OREO format we use for persuasive writing: Opinion, Reason, Example, and Opinion again.
Third, work hard creating your station for Exhibition.
- Make all your posters (nice, neat, and creative please!)
- Practice your speech (what you will say to people when they come to your station)
- Practice your presentation with your parents or anyone else you're with
- Email me and your partners! I want to know what you're working on! We are going to create some AMAZING stations!
With any remaining time, study your spelling words and do iReady.
Final spelling test of the semester!
Exhibition! See above for our plan!
No school Thursday and Friday