Parents, please read below about this quarter's Invention Convention below.
We will be making models of the animals we are studying but we need supplies. If the boys could bring in one roll of foil and the girls could bring in 1 or 2 rolls of white masking tape by the end of this week, that would be great! Email me if you have questions.
Homework this week: 50 minutes of iReady reading and 50 minutes of iReady math. Remember, this starts today and must be completed by Sunday. You can do extra time for up to 5 points of extra credit (which can help you if you forgot during a previous week!).
Today you have 5 assignments.
- This quarter the school will be host an Invention Convention. This event will be held before spring break. All students will display an invention that they have created following the engineering design process. Today, watch THIS video about the process. Then go to GClass and answer the question there. Do some research before you answer the question.
- We will create a science journal and animal model project. Each student will make their own journal complete with research and art about one animal. Start a new DOC about the animal you chose last week. Title the doc "Your name, your animal". Research and answer the questions that we made from our science book. Answer each in a full paragraph with information you find online. Then paste the websites that you used.
They were: (copy and paste these to your doc!)
- What is the life cycle of _____?
- What does _____ need to survive?
- What is their food chain/web?
*** This should take around two hours! Take your time and do a great job on this. It will make it easier for you to complete your journal later. Do NOT plagiarize (copy exactly) anything from the websites you use. SHARE IT WITH ME WHEN YOU FINISH!
- After you have answered the questions, think of one more question you want to research about your animal and email it to me.
- Practice Hawaii Aloha a few times (lyrics, translation, and history HERE) then choose a musician from the video and look up another song by that musician and some info about them (do not choose the schools). Paste the song along with a short bio of the musician on this DOC. See my example there. Choose a different musician than everyone else.
- IXL P.23 (converting), P.10 (reducing), P.11 (comparing), Q.5 (subtracting), and Q.9 (adding and subtracting). This is to practice for this week’s fractions test! Also study the practice test from Friday so you can from any mistakes! This should take around 1 hour.
With any remaining time, finish your spelling handout and study for the test and then read for BookIt!