We are going to try out Class Dojo this month! All students were sent home with a small paper handout that includes student and parent sign up information. I would like all students to sign up and I encourage parents to try it out as well! You can sign up with the app or just online!
Another great app is called iNaturalist. There is a challenge happening now to observe and classify as many species as we can on Maui. Check it out HERE and download the app if you'd like, it’s a really interesting and helpful app.
Homework this week: 45 minutes of iReady reading and make sure your first 4 pages of your comic book are complete and perfect! Start thinking about how you want to bind your book.
Today you have 6 assignments.
- Go to our HS DOC and pick one topic that you want to write a body paragraph about. Pick the topic that your high school partner wrote a quote about. Write your paragraph in your journal following these steps:
- Start with a topic/main sentence that explains what your paragraph is about. Make it interesting so that your reader want to keep reading, like a hook!
- Write four sentences that explain your topic in better detail. Use the details from your doc.
- End with a closing sentence (if you can tie it to your next paragraph, you are a true rock star writer!).
- You can try to find a good spot in your paragraph for the quote from your partner but we will place these this week with your partners.
- Take your time and write a great paragraph!
---- Then write your other two topics and details on the handout from last week or in your journal (very important so that you can work with your partner to write your next body paragraphs!).
- Be sure you have read up to chapter 12 and finished your 4th comic page. We will read chapter 13 together tomorrow so be prepared! Ebook HERE.
- Study your spelling words by making a world map with all the names of the places listed. You can make this as simple or as artistic as you like. Do it on the back of your spelling handout or another white paper. Be sure you spell everything correctly and place the names in the right place. Feel free to write the words a few times on your map so you can remember the spelling.
- Do a bit of triangle art research online then make a simple rough draft of the triangle art quilt you will make in class this week. See the handout from Friday for more information. Remember you need at least 1 of each of the 6 types of triangles that we learned about. Make your rough draft a square.
- On THIS doc, write down the date that your site was built or formed. We will make a group timeline with all our sites, the creation of the islands, and other important dates, so be aware of a few important dates in Hawaii. You can research some more if you want to make more of the timeline!
- IXL W1, W2, W3.