- As a reminder, school starts at 8:55 every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday and 12:00 on Thursday. Please be ready to go into the classroom at that time. School ends at 2:35 on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and 1:30 on Wednesday and students should be picked up promptly after. KYC is an available after school program; students need to know every morning if they are going to KYC so we can get an accurate count for the school vans.
***** This Thursday, Hale Kau Kau at St. Theresa’s is offering an outreach opportunity for the local homeless community. After a day of help, people will be dropped off at St. Theresa’s around 2:45. Please be on time to pick up your student and park near the drop off area. Thank you.
- The Holoholo Library Bus will be on campus Tuesday, November 1 from 1:00-2:15. Please bring your library card if you want to check out a book.
- There is no school November 8th and 11th.
- School picture make up is November 9 at 8:00 at the middle school.
Aloha students! Thank you all for giving your best effort on Friday’s math test. Your scores were very impressive and if you are curious about your score, you can see it on PowerSchool. It was out of 32 points with 8 extra credit points. Each problem was worth 2 points and after I checked your finished test, you were able to redo problems for 1 point.
HOMEWORK THIS WEEK: 60 minutes of iReady MATH, due November 6th. Try to do this over the week so you don’t have to work during the weekend.
Today, you have SEVEN assignments.
First, complete IXL Language Arts Y.4.
Then, using what you learned about ordering adjectives on IXL above, write a Spooky Spelling Story on your SSS doc using tomorrow’s spelling test words. Try to add multiple adjectives to describe your nouns. Share it when you are finished so I can check it.
Third, finish your entire Ahupua’a workbook from Thursday and Friday. Read the instructions on the page and review any questions you didn't finish in class.
- Do page two by looking at THIS website. Listen to the descriptions then write a short sentence explaining what the Hawaiians are doing in each sections. Use the Hawaiian and English words!
- Do page four by thinking about what you have learned about life in the ahupua’a. Write with your best handwriting in full sentences.
- All the other links are on the blog post below. Email me if you have questions. Enjoy learning about ancient Hawaiian life!!
Fourth, type your Fall Break essay on a new Google Doc. See MY EXAMPLE again for an idea of what your completed essay should look like. HERE is a rubric on how I will be grading it.
- As a reminder, YOU should be typing all your work because it is our way of typing practice!
- Don’t forget to indent but do NOT double space (skip lines).
- Use a title
- Name the Doc “Your Name Fall Break” and then SHARE it with me when you finish.
- Bring both of your rough drafts to class!!
Fifth, complete IXL Language Arts F.1 and F.2. This is about plural nouns so it will help you with our spelling test tomorrow!
Sixth, complete IXL Math D.21 and D.22.
Last, find a clear picture of your volcano from our Volcanoes doc and carefully sketch it. Pay attention to the area around the volcano and the type of volcano. Use colored pencils to make it more realistic.
Bring in your Ahupua’a workbook, your TWO Fall Break rough drafts (format and written one), and the sketch of your volcano. Do NOT forget any of these items.
STUDY YOUR SPELLING WORDS! Let’s all get better scores than last week!
Library Bus here!
We will go to the beach so you may wear slippers today. Bring in any small plastic water bottles if you have them.
Virtual to be posted by 9 am.
Volcano Art project. Bring in any fun papers (like tissue or construction), and anything you want to use to make a textured version of your volcano.